Fractured Teeth – Park Cities, Dallas, TX
What to Do About Dental Damage
Let’s discuss how a tooth fracture can become a big problem. Because we feel strongly about this topic, we want to make sure you understand the issue at hand.
While a tooth fracture may not sound serious, it actually demands critical attention. The fracture can deepen in time to affect the pulp, which can be quite painful and eventually lead to root canal therapy or extraction. We offer treatment to repair fractured teeth in Park Cities, Dallas, TX.
Why Choose R. David Brumbaugh, DDS for Fractured Teeth?
- Sedation Options
- Small Dental Office That Takes Its Time
- Experienced Dentist Employing Modern Technology
How We Can Repair and Protect Your Teeth
We are sometimes able to repair front teeth with a special glue, but if the bite is imperfect, the bond may not survive long. A full or partial crown, which will lend strength and stability, is generally preferred.
We’re treating more tooth fractures than ever in our dental office. The primary culprits, accidents and aging, may seem to be out of your control, but there are precautions you can take to prevent tooth fractures. Here are some suggestions:
- Use a mouth guard when you engage in sports
- Refrain from chewing non-food items—fingernails, pencils, etc.
- Stay away from extremely hot and cold liquids, which cause contraction and expansion of enamel
- If you chew ice, kick the habit
- Just say no to hard foods and candies
- Resist clenching your teeth when stressed
- Wear a night guard if you grind your teeth at night