Laser Dentistry – Park Cities, Dallas, TX
Advanced Cavity Detection and Gum Recontouring
Thanks to laser dentistry, it’s never been easier to benefit from a range of dental procedures. Laser dentistry is faster, more comfortable, and safer than general dentistry performed with conventional hand tools.
People who feel anxious at the dentist will prefer laser procedures because the sophisticated medical laser is capable of making extremely precise incisions. This reduces pain and swelling while promoting an accelerated recovery time, often just a few days.
Why Choose R. David Brumbaugh, DDS for Laser Dentistry?
- Experienced Dentist
- Flexible Appointment Times
- Focus on High-Quality Care with Latest Technology
What Kinds of Procedures Can Be Done Using a Laser?
Laser dentistry can be used for virtually any type of procedure that involves making an incision. It also has a number of other applications that are difficult to reproduce with any other tools.
Some great ways to use dental lasers include:
- Cavity Detection – Low-intensity lasers can identify the presence of decay byproducts.
- Dental Fillings – Lasers can eliminate bacteria from a cavity without the use of a drill
- Tooth Sensitivity – Lasers can seal tubules on the tooth that cause enhanced sensitivity.
- Lengthening – Lasers can reshape the bone to expose the healthy structure of a tooth.
- Gum Contouring – Lasers can eliminate excess soft tissue that “shortens” a tooth.
In addition to all this, lasers are essential in many complex dental surgeries. They can help to improve tongue movement, correct some speech impediments, eliminate benign tumors and regenerate nerves. They also facilitate treatment of some forms of sleep apnea, serving as an alternative to dental appliances – excessive soft tissue is simply removed from the throat.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Used correctly, laser-assisted dentistry is safe, precise, and virtually painless; however, it is essential that an experienced dentist using the latest technology perform all laser procedures. Dr. Brumbaugh is one of the foremost laser dentistry pioneers in Dallas, whether you need cosmetic procedures, restorative dentistry, periodontal treatment or biopsy of soft tissue lesions. Almost anything that can be done with traditional dental tools can be done even better when a capable dental expert uses the latest medical lasers to protect your smile.